Skip to main content

Male Nesting

Whoever said that "nesting" is something only pregnant women do has it all wrong. As you see from our previous posts, we are expecting this child to make an appearance any day now. Aaron is just as anxious as I am and hence has started "nesting". Last week, he took three days off work to landscape the front yard that has been the eyesore of the neighborhood since we moved in a year ago February. My computer which has been prehistorically slow for over a year now has recently been re-formatted, and suddenly there's a need to move the desk from the spare room to the kitchen. Not that I am opposed to any of these changes in our household; it just makes me smile knowing I'm not alone in wanting our house to be a home for the new little one growing inside of me. In fact, his "nesting" serves as a great reminder to me of the altruistic heart that dwells within the man I married.
Well, I sign off with toilets & showers to scrub, floors to be vacuumed and other menial household chores waiting to be done...somehow a woman's "nesting" just doesn't seem as glamorous!
Blessings,
Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samuel is finally here. He was born on September 5 at 3:18am. Amy labored for 3 hours and had one good push, and there he was. Both Amy and Sam are doing great! Grace is very happy to be a big sister and Noraa has kind of noticed he's here. We've had lots of visitors and everyone is so excited that he's a boy. It seems like a lot of friends had been hoping that he would be a boy. I would have been glad either way, but I am definitely looking forward to the Father/Son experience. The other thing that people comment on the most is his name. He has 4 names including 35 letters! Samuel is one of our favorite Bible characters. He responded when the Lord called his name, and he also anointed King David. Harrison is a family name. My cousin Brooke had a son named Harrison who was born with Spina Bifida , and spent his life in a wheelchair. He was a major blessing and inspiration to our family and everyone who knew him. He was extremely smart and I can't really say enough he...

WOW!!!

Okay, so I know that I tend to be a bit cluttered, but when I see pictures like this I am reminded of the fact that at least I am CLEAN!!!! I need to print off pictures like this of every room in a house and post them by my mirror. Maybe this is the motivation I need to clean my ho use every day!

The Closing of a Great Legacy

Today I heard some news that truly saddened me. The college I attended will be closing at the end of this accademic year. For me the journey began back in 1986... my oldest sister Shawna started attending a small Christian college in Portland, Oregon. Our family would go visit her from time to time and I would get to stay in her dorm room occasionally. I played pool in the "lower JC" and ran around the campus as a young child loving the attention of all the really cool college students. I knew that someday I would attend this same school. The doors closing of Columbia Christian College was devastating to me, but as it re-opened a year later as Cascade College I was not truly affected by the transition. My turn came in 1997 when I finally stepped foot on the campus as a full fledged college student. This was MY school now! I will not be able to recount for you the knowledge, the memories, the friends and the spiritual growth attained in my four years there. If I were to try, t...