Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Samuel is finally here. He was born on September 5 at 3:18am. Amy labored for 3 hours and had one good push, and there he was. Both Amy and Sam are doing great! Grace is very happy to be a big sister and Noraa has kind of noticed he's here. We've had lots of visitors and everyone is so excited that he's a boy. It seems like a lot of friends had been hoping that he would be a boy. I would have been glad either way, but I am definitely looking forward to the Father/Son experience. The other thing that people comment on the most is his name. He has 4 names including 35 letters! Samuel is one of our favorite Bible characters. He responded when the Lord called his name, and he also anointed King David. Harrison is a family name. My cousin Brooke had a son named Harrison who was born with Spina Bifida , and spent his life in a wheelchair. He was a major blessing and inspiration to our family and everyone who knew him. He was extremely smart and I can't really say enough he...

WOW!!!

Okay, so I know that I tend to be a bit cluttered, but when I see pictures like this I am reminded of the fact that at least I am CLEAN!!!! I need to print off pictures like this of every room in a house and post them by my mirror. Maybe this is the motivation I need to clean my ho use every day!

The Closing of a Great Legacy

Today I heard some news that truly saddened me. The college I attended will be closing at the end of this accademic year. For me the journey began back in 1986... my oldest sister Shawna started attending a small Christian college in Portland, Oregon. Our family would go visit her from time to time and I would get to stay in her dorm room occasionally. I played pool in the "lower JC" and ran around the campus as a young child loving the attention of all the really cool college students. I knew that someday I would attend this same school. The doors closing of Columbia Christian College was devastating to me, but as it re-opened a year later as Cascade College I was not truly affected by the transition. My turn came in 1997 when I finally stepped foot on the campus as a full fledged college student. This was MY school now! I will not be able to recount for you the knowledge, the memories, the friends and the spiritual growth attained in my four years there. If I were to try, t...