Skip to main content

Time Bomb!

If you've ever been 39 weeks pregnant you know what I'm feeling right now... tick, tick, tick, tick, tick... When will this baby arrive? Will my water break? Will it be at night, or after a well rested sleep? Will I deliver on the side of the road like Jenni? Is it a boy or a girl? After Friday when I thought I was headed to the hospital, I'm so done anticipating! Friday the contractions were 15 minutes apart all day long and in the evening they were even about 10 minutes apart. Of course around 12:30am-1:00ish they tapered off and totally stopped. Grrrrr. Now, I just don't care! This baby could stay in until his 18th birthday for all I care! (okay not really, but can you tell that I'm moody and a bit apathetic?) Well, seeing as though this is my very first blog entry on our happy family page, I'll end on a much sweeter note.
Every morning as I'm laying in bed I use Aaron's iphone and play our baby the song by Jon Foreman "In My Arms". It makes me long to hold this sweet baby in my arms, look into it's sweet baby face and realize the Majesty of our God. That He allows us to play a part in creating and bearing life is truly amazing and I am so blessed to be able to participate in this grand cycle of life! Blessings, Amy

Comments

Anonymous said…
have that baby! :)
Just us 3 said…
Hey Redelspergers,
Welcome to the blogging world. It's addicting and kinda fun. Can't wait to see your new bundle of joy.
Chris
Till "his" eighteenth birthday??? Guess we'll see... :)
Saying prayers for you, friend- every day that baby stays in there is another day "he" grows stronger!
Love to you!

Popular posts from this blog

Samuel is finally here. He was born on September 5 at 3:18am. Amy labored for 3 hours and had one good push, and there he was. Both Amy and Sam are doing great! Grace is very happy to be a big sister and Noraa has kind of noticed he's here. We've had lots of visitors and everyone is so excited that he's a boy. It seems like a lot of friends had been hoping that he would be a boy. I would have been glad either way, but I am definitely looking forward to the Father/Son experience. The other thing that people comment on the most is his name. He has 4 names including 35 letters! Samuel is one of our favorite Bible characters. He responded when the Lord called his name, and he also anointed King David. Harrison is a family name. My cousin Brooke had a son named Harrison who was born with Spina Bifida , and spent his life in a wheelchair. He was a major blessing and inspiration to our family and everyone who knew him. He was extremely smart and I can't really say enough he...

WOW!!!

Okay, so I know that I tend to be a bit cluttered, but when I see pictures like this I am reminded of the fact that at least I am CLEAN!!!! I need to print off pictures like this of every room in a house and post them by my mirror. Maybe this is the motivation I need to clean my ho use every day!

The Closing of a Great Legacy

Today I heard some news that truly saddened me. The college I attended will be closing at the end of this accademic year. For me the journey began back in 1986... my oldest sister Shawna started attending a small Christian college in Portland, Oregon. Our family would go visit her from time to time and I would get to stay in her dorm room occasionally. I played pool in the "lower JC" and ran around the campus as a young child loving the attention of all the really cool college students. I knew that someday I would attend this same school. The doors closing of Columbia Christian College was devastating to me, but as it re-opened a year later as Cascade College I was not truly affected by the transition. My turn came in 1997 when I finally stepped foot on the campus as a full fledged college student. This was MY school now! I will not be able to recount for you the knowledge, the memories, the friends and the spiritual growth attained in my four years there. If I were to try, t...