Skip to main content

He is Able

If memory serves me correctly, it was in Chapel my Junior year at Cascade College. My good friend and suite-mate, Jill Dodson (who was given the voice of an angel) sang this song.
It was a very trying semester for me and I was in a dark time emotionally. I had returned from my studies overseas and my best friend and room mate for the past two and half years, had transferred to Oklahoma Christian. I felt lonely, afraid, and sad. The lyrics and the way this song was presented showed me Light in my darkness. It pointed me to Him, guiding my thoughts toward not who I was, but who He is and that He believed in me.
As I did the dishes the other day, I couldn't help but sing this song again and again, letting the words wash over me, cleansing me once again.

He is able, more than able,
to accomplish what concerns me today.
He is able, more than able,
to handle anything that comes my way.
He is able, more than able,
to do much more than I could ever dream.
He is able, more than able,
to make me what He wants me to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samuel is finally here. He was born on September 5 at 3:18am. Amy labored for 3 hours and had one good push, and there he was. Both Amy and Sam are doing great! Grace is very happy to be a big sister and Noraa has kind of noticed he's here. We've had lots of visitors and everyone is so excited that he's a boy. It seems like a lot of friends had been hoping that he would be a boy. I would have been glad either way, but I am definitely looking forward to the Father/Son experience. The other thing that people comment on the most is his name. He has 4 names including 35 letters! Samuel is one of our favorite Bible characters. He responded when the Lord called his name, and he also anointed King David. Harrison is a family name. My cousin Brooke had a son named Harrison who was born with Spina Bifida , and spent his life in a wheelchair. He was a major blessing and inspiration to our family and everyone who knew him. He was extremely smart and I can't really say enough he...

WOW!!!

Okay, so I know that I tend to be a bit cluttered, but when I see pictures like this I am reminded of the fact that at least I am CLEAN!!!! I need to print off pictures like this of every room in a house and post them by my mirror. Maybe this is the motivation I need to clean my ho use every day!

The Closing of a Great Legacy

Today I heard some news that truly saddened me. The college I attended will be closing at the end of this accademic year. For me the journey began back in 1986... my oldest sister Shawna started attending a small Christian college in Portland, Oregon. Our family would go visit her from time to time and I would get to stay in her dorm room occasionally. I played pool in the "lower JC" and ran around the campus as a young child loving the attention of all the really cool college students. I knew that someday I would attend this same school. The doors closing of Columbia Christian College was devastating to me, but as it re-opened a year later as Cascade College I was not truly affected by the transition. My turn came in 1997 when I finally stepped foot on the campus as a full fledged college student. This was MY school now! I will not be able to recount for you the knowledge, the memories, the friends and the spiritual growth attained in my four years there. If I were to try, t...