Skip to main content

Playdate Part 2


So Wednesday we had Ada over and did all sorts of girlie things. Thursday was Hayden's turn to come over. I'm not so good with planning a play date for a boy, so he did some of the same things we did with Ada (minus the finger and toe nail painting!) In spite of my planning or even lack thereof, he seems to have a good time. When it was time to leave, he didn't want to go, and the next time I saw him he kept mentioning that he wanted to go home with us again. This made my day, as I desire our home to be one that all our kids friends find fun as well as safe. A place to be themselves and to know they are cared for.
We cracked walnuts (which turned out to be loads of fun with him. What little boy wouldn't like smashing nut shells with a hammer?), then made vanilla brownies using the walnuts we had just shelled! Grace is so infatuated with this sweet little boy. Ah, the simple life of a five year old!
The pictures I've chosen are Grace and Hayden, watching a video, cracking walnuts and then eating the "Blond Brownies" when they came out of the oven! Isn't he adorable? He is a very polite little boy and I'm glad Grace has chosen him to be her "best friend". (Though I've certainly encouraged her to make "best friends" of all the kids in her class!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samuel is finally here. He was born on September 5 at 3:18am. Amy labored for 3 hours and had one good push, and there he was. Both Amy and Sam are doing great! Grace is very happy to be a big sister and Noraa has kind of noticed he's here. We've had lots of visitors and everyone is so excited that he's a boy. It seems like a lot of friends had been hoping that he would be a boy. I would have been glad either way, but I am definitely looking forward to the Father/Son experience. The other thing that people comment on the most is his name. He has 4 names including 35 letters! Samuel is one of our favorite Bible characters. He responded when the Lord called his name, and he also anointed King David. Harrison is a family name. My cousin Brooke had a son named Harrison who was born with Spina Bifida , and spent his life in a wheelchair. He was a major blessing and inspiration to our family and everyone who knew him. He was extremely smart and I can't really say enough he...

WOW!!!

Okay, so I know that I tend to be a bit cluttered, but when I see pictures like this I am reminded of the fact that at least I am CLEAN!!!! I need to print off pictures like this of every room in a house and post them by my mirror. Maybe this is the motivation I need to clean my ho use every day!

The Closing of a Great Legacy

Today I heard some news that truly saddened me. The college I attended will be closing at the end of this accademic year. For me the journey began back in 1986... my oldest sister Shawna started attending a small Christian college in Portland, Oregon. Our family would go visit her from time to time and I would get to stay in her dorm room occasionally. I played pool in the "lower JC" and ran around the campus as a young child loving the attention of all the really cool college students. I knew that someday I would attend this same school. The doors closing of Columbia Christian College was devastating to me, but as it re-opened a year later as Cascade College I was not truly affected by the transition. My turn came in 1997 when I finally stepped foot on the campus as a full fledged college student. This was MY school now! I will not be able to recount for you the knowledge, the memories, the friends and the spiritual growth attained in my four years there. If I were to try, t...